A couple of weeks ago, I attended the Winter Fancy Food Show at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. It was my first year going and I had a blast. If you're not familiar, this is the kind of event that food lovers like myself dream of. Imagine walking through what seems like endless aisles of food from all over the world and sampling to your heart's desire.
About 1,400 producers show up at this event to connect with buyers and showcase their new products to press. From epic cheese spreads and charcuterie to all the sweets you can possibly imagine, this is the place to be to discover the hottest new products, producers, and trends of 2017.
I met up with Mindy who writes the wonderful food and lifestyle blog Oishii Moments. We spent 7 hours together talking to producers and sampling so much food to the point where we started wobbling down the aisles and drinking matcha shots just to keep up!
Here are few of my favorite moments and bites:
- Discovering new flavors from my favorite ice cream producers: Humphry Slocombe's cheesecake chocolate wafer, Jeni's Bangkok peanut, Gelateria Naia's pistachio, and tasty mochi ice cream from Bubbies and MyMo.
- Taking countless shots of matcha from Matcha Love, ITO EN, The Republic of Tea, and Buddha Teas.
- Sampling all the cheeses from BelGioioso, Bellwether Farms, President, Sartori, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese and Ambrosi.
- Nibbling on charcuterie and meat products from Olli Salumeria, Creminelli, Fabrique Delices, Olympia Provisions, Sid Wainer and Son, and Epic.
- All the smoked fish from ACME Smoked Fish, Gerard & Dominique Seafoods, and Honey Smoked Fish Company.
- Exploring the Japanese section and sampling the ramen, udon, and Japanese black cattle wagyu from Kagoshima.
- Tasting sweet treats and chocolates from Bissinger's, MilkBoy Chocolates, Kaoka, Walker's Shortbread, Hammond's Candies, Meiji, and LOTTE.
Enjoy the slideshow of photos below.
Thank you so much for having me, Specialty Food Association! I can't wait until next year's event.